About Egyptian Program: Sunday 6pm-7pm.
This program consists of:
- weekly snapshots of the news from Egypt and Middle East
- segments about religious or cultural occasion and events such as Lent/Easter/Christmas/Ramadan
- local and Egyptian occasions for example Australia Day
- segments on health and wellbeing including interviews with doctors
- Arabic songs
- interviews with overseas politicians, and
The Egyptian program has listeners all over the world. This program has been recognised worldwide and has received commendations in Egypt for bringing the community together.
The radio is host to many special guests and prominent personalities to discuss current affairs and is recorded in the presenter’s home studio. The program addresses many pertinent issues to raise community awareness of what’s happening in Egypt.
About the Presenter
Kamahl Ibram has been the volunteer convener of the Arabic radio program since 1994.
Kamahl previously worked at Radio Cairo in the 1960’s as an audio engineer. After the war in 1967, Kamahl migrated to Australia arriving in Sydney in 1968.
Kamahl was appointed as a Technical Manager and Broadcaster in the Voice of Hope radio program until government funding was no longer available.
Kamahl has strong relationships with government officials, consulate officials and members of the local community.